Monday 8 June 2015

Hello world!

Hello world,
I've decided to create a new blog so I can put down in words all the things that go through my mind since my son, Rafael, was born. There's so much I want to tell him, so much I want to share and I definitely don't want to lose any of it.
So I created this blog in which I'm writing to my 16 year old Rafael, as most of the subjects I wish to speak of he'll probably not fully grasp what they mean before then.
This is also part of my commitment to my family. I know all too well what results from sometimes we forgetting what it is we stand for, as adults. That's what led me to be overweight before and I never want to go back to that place.
So I'm putting things in words, so I can remind myself of the values and principles with which I wish to raise my son. So I can check it regularly and assess if I'm doing what I hold sacred to my heart and the father and man I CHOSE to become, or if I'm letting life take the best of me and letting myself down. This really is something I'm doing for myself and my son, not for anyone else but I believe in the value of making commitments public so I can be held accountable to them.
Would be great though, if what I write can be of help to anyone else so feel free to read and share it if you believe it's worthy of it! :)

Cheers,
Mario

No comments:

Post a Comment